[RADIATOR] radiator exists on ClientSQL timeout

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Mon May 16 07:19:23 CDT 2011

On 05/16/2011 02:26 PM, Alexander Hartmaier wrote:

Hello Alexander,

> radiator exits when encountering a sql timeout:
>
> Sat May 14 18:28:12 2011: ERR: Execute failed for 'SELECT device.ipaddr,
> 'statickey', NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL,
> NULL, NULL, device.hostid, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL,
> 'OSC-Group-Identifier=' || tblhost.hsup FROM device JOIN
> core.tblhost at PCMSAT01 ON (device.hostid = tblhost.hostid) WHERE
> device.fk_collector = 5': SQL Timeout
>
> I've already upgraded it from 4.7+patches to 4.8 but the problem persists.
> We had problems with tcp connections closed by an intermediate firewall
> in the past without a solution.
> Which logs etc. do you need from our side to troubleshoot the bug?

Thanks for the report.

Please tell us your operating system, perl DBI and DBD module versions
and which DBD you are currently using (mysql, Pg, Oracle, etc.).

If you could run Radiator with -log_stdout and -foreground radiusd
options (or config file LogStdout and Foreground) and keep it running on
a console where you have access to, you may be able to see what
additional debug information might come from DBI, DBD or some other
component.

Since the libraries Radiator uses do not know about Radiator's logfile,
there is a chance their messages to otherwise get lost.

In many cases running with LogStdout and Foreground gives more
information about the reason for exit.

Thanks!

NetWare etc.