[RADIATOR] Client MAC:xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Mar 28 06:49:55 CDT 2011

Hi,

> Which attribute does radiator use for comparison when using MAC-filtering on a client block?  Trying to pin down why one of our clients isn't being picked up by the client block we have set:
>
> <Client MAC:00-XX-XX-XX-XX-8D>
> Secret SeekritKey

thats right.....run the server in full debug to see whats coming
through to it and why its not working

PS RADIATOR folk, a few typos in your documents

<Client MAC:2a-1f-09-5a-257-2a>
    # Client identified by its MAC address
    Secret gshgs
</Client>

check out that MAC address - I'm sure its not right  ;-)

5.44.5 <AuthBy HASHBALANCE>

contains a few typos...

"attribtue correctly, AuthBy HASBALANCE is
deprtecated in favour of AuthBy EAPBALANCE"

should be

"attribute correctly, AuthBy HASHBALANCE is
deprecated in favour of AuthBy EAPBALANCE"

5.44.6 <AuthBy EAPBALANCE>

a few typos

"<AuthBy EAPBALANCE is similar to"  should be
"<AuthBy EAPBALANCE> is similar to"

"therefore essential that all the backe end servers"

"therefore essential that all the back end servers"

alan