[RADIATOR] Encrypted Password

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Thu Jun 16 02:55:19 CDT 2011

On 06/15/2011 12:18 PM, Roy Abu Bakar wrote:

Hello Roy,

Can you please tell me the name of the registered company that has
purchased this copy of Radiator?

Please reply to me directly, thanks!

> I have set up radiator using <AuthBy RADMIN> for authentication. So far, it's
> working properly.
> I browse radmin database, and I see the user password (column PASS_WORD) is
> saving in clear text.

If you go to RAdmin settings, you can select Password storage format.
The setting will affect passwords that are changed after you change the
setting.

> As our policy in our organization, all passwords physically in database should
> be encrypted.
> Is there a way we can do to encrypt the password physically in the database?

If you change the setting, you need to consider the implications for
your authentication protocols too.

Best regards,
Heikki

NetWare etc.