[RADIATOR] Could not load EAP module Radius::EAP_

Martin Burton mvb at sanger.ac.uk
Fri Jul 15 02:46:01 CDT 2011

Hi Jethro,

If I'm reading the code correctly the values in the DEBUG are: packet
code (2=response), identifier(11), length(76) and method type(176)

A quick check of the IANA registered EAP types at
http://www.iana.org/assignments/eap-numbers/eap-numbers.xml shows no
entry for EAP method 176. Which would explain the EAP_176 not found error.

With respect to the list of other types, anything above 53 seems to be
undefined (with the exception of 254/255 but they're "special").

Of those that are defined we have:

0: reserved.
2: notification.
8: Allocated (but no mention of what the method is!)
9: RSA Public Key Authentication
10: DSS Unilateral
11: KEA
12: KEA-VALIDATE
14: Defender Token(AXENT)
15: RSA Security SecurID EAP
18: EAP-SIM
24: EAP-3Com Wireless
28: CRYPTOCard
30: DynamID
32: POTP
33: MS-Authentication-TLV
35: EAP-Actiontec Wireless
39: SecureSuite EAP
42: EAP-MOBAC
43: ZoneLabs EAP
47: EAP-PSK
50: EAP-GPSK
52: EAP-pwd

All of which would make me think that either there are lots of people
using "unusual" EAP types, or that perhaps something upstream of your
radiator is munging the EAP messages (and getting it wrong!)?

Cheers,

Martin.

--
Martin Burton
Senior Systems Administrator               \\\|||///