[RADIATOR] eap-ttls/ms-chap-v2

Michael Shoemaker shoemake at america.net
Tue Jan 18 09:19:52 CST 2011

We are trying to get authentication with an alvarion wireless unit that
is sending mschapv2 encrypted passwords through a eap-ttls tunnel.

I can get the eap-ttls tunnel built and can see the attempts to request
the mschapv2 but am not sure where our hangup is.

What needs to be done to be able to get local authentication on the
radiator server using AuthBy DBFILE (DB_File)

The db was built using a plaintext file then converted using the
builddbm script.

<Handler TunnelledByTTLS=1>

<AuthBy DBFILE>
                 Filename /etc/raddb.proxy/dbm/users.db
                 DBType DB_File

</AuthBy>

</Handler>

<Handler Client-Identifier=blahblahblah>
<AuthBy FILE>
                 IgnoreAccounting
                 Filename /etc/raddb.proxy/conf/user

                 EAPType TTLS,PAP,CHAP

                 EAPTLS_CAFile
/etc/raddb.proxy/conf/certificates/demoCA/cacert.pem

                 EAPTLS_CertificateFile
/etc/raddb.proxy/conf/certificates/cert-srv.pem
                 EAPTLS_CertificateType PEM

                 EAPTLS_PrivateKeyFile
/etc/raddb.proxy/conf/certificates/cert-srv.pem
                 EAPTLS_PrivateKeyPassword whatever

                 EAPTLS_MaxFragmentSize 1000

                 AutoMPPEKeys

                 SSLeayTrace 4

</AuthBy>
                 AuthLog myauthlogger

</Handler>

this gets me to the point of doing the ttls tunnel, then it passes the
mschap stuff to the authby dbfile... but I am not sure how to unencrypt
the pw to check vs the db file.