[RADIATOR] new to radiator

Jeffrey Lee jleefw at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 17:30:10 CST 2011

Hi all,

Appreciate any help I can get.

I'm referring to the proxy.cfg sample from goodies. Below is just the
sample provided in that file...

<Realm proxy.realm>
 RewriteUsername s/^([^@]+).*/$1/
 <AuthBy RADIUS>
  Host oscar.open.com.au
#  Host ipv6:fec0::4
  Secret mysecret
 </AuthBy>
</Realm>
<Realm proxy.realm>
 RewriteUsername s/^([^@]+).*/$1/
 <AuthBy RADIUS>
  Host oscar.open.com.au
#  Host ipv6:fec0::4
  Secret mysecret
 </AuthBy>
</Realm>

Can I include some logging functions for authentications, and
accounting? For example, if there are authentication request, can I
log to a file and to a SQL server before I proxy-forward to the other
RADIUS server? and if a response from the RADIUS server is returned,
can that be logged to?

I'd also like to maintain a session database realms in groups. For
example, for realm 1, 3, & 5, I want to maintain the SessionDatabase
SQL under table A, while realm 2, under table B, realm 3 under table
C. Do I just add the <SessionDatabase SQL> and place it between the
<Realm>, or there can only be 1 <SessionDatabase SQL> declaration?

In terms of the order of processing, if the first realm is met, will
it continue to move to the next realm? Or, when it matches 1 realm,
it'll only work with that realm only? If I have 2 <Authby RADIUS> can
I load balance these records or it's based on round-robin, depending
on the order?

Also, for any <Authby SQL>, I already have a set of stored procedures
to handle the authentication and accounting.... how I do implement
this instead of specifying the column def for record retrieval?

Thanks,
Jeff