[RADIATOR] Thawte Intermediate Certificates and Windows 7

Andrew Clark adc at umn.edu
Mon Feb 28 11:48:37 CST 2011

I've had a lot of fun with some Windows clients not showing particular CAs
(AddTrust External CA Root, in my case) in the list of recognized
certification authorities within the Windows 802.1X supplicant
configuration.
What's really frustrating is that the client must know about that particular
CA, as it will happily connect to an https site that has a certificate
signed by the same CA.  Usually that root will show up in the supplicant's
list of recognized CAs after visiting an https site signed by that root.  If
that fails, we've had the client manually install the root.

--
Andrew D. Clark
Network Operations Engineer