[RADIATOR] Memory leak with Perl Script to get via SNMP the client IP from Cisco AP 1100

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at archred.com
Thu Feb 24 16:27:03 CST 2011

On 02/24/2011 11:00 AM, Gerard Alcorlo Bofill wrote:

> sorry for resending the same question. But I sent this question at the
> end of another mail with a not related subject, (Re: [RADIATOR]
> Assigning IP's directly from the Radius server), and maybe that's de
> reason because no one could help me.

Or maybe we got scared of threads :)

> I'm using a home made PostProcessingHook. But it's suffering a memory
> leak. Could someone take a look at my script? I'm not an expert on perl
> and I'm using a thread to do non active waiting...

I would try replacing the thread with add_timeout function. Then you do
not have to use threads and can use the same timing support that rest of
Radiator uses.

grep for add_timeout in Radius/ directory for examples. The function
lives in Select.pm.

> What's wrong on this script?

Hard to say. If you can replace threads with add_timeout, then we could
at least know if the leak is a side effect from using threads or not. I
really do not know how Perl's memory management works with threads.

Thanks!

--
Heikki Vatiainen, Arch Red Oy
+358 44 087 6547