[RADIATOR] Assigning IP's directly from the Radius server

Gerard Alcorlo Bofill galcorlo at cesca.cat
Thu Feb 3 08:47:25 CST 2011

Hello,

thanks Michael for your good explanation. I checked your configuration
with mine and it was similar. Well, I only have one Radius so I don't
use two AddressAllocators like you.

Heikki, thank you too. Now I understand a little more the difference
between the two different AddressAllocators. I've been experimenting,
but I'm not able to get an ip address from the Radius server and I
allways get the address from the DHCP server. I've based my
configuration with goodies/addressallocator.cfg

<AddressAllocator SQL>
   Identifier myallocator
   DBSource dbi:mysql:database_name:127.0.0.1
   DBUsername              user
   DBAuth                  password
   FailureBackoffTime      30

   DefaultLeasePeriod      86400
   LeaseReclaimInterval    300

   <AddressPool pool-eduroam>
      Subnetmask   255.255.255.128
      Range        10.0.0.2 10.0.0.127
      DNSServer    8.8.8.8
   </AddressPool>
</AddressAllocator>

<Handler TunnelledByTTLS=1, Realm=/(^xaxi$)/i>
   AuthByPolicy ContinueWhileAccept
   <AuthBy SQL>
      DBSource dbi:mysql:database_name:127.0.0.1
      DBUsername      user
      DBAuth          password
      FailureBackoffTime      30

      AuthSelect      select PASSWORD from SUBSCRIBERS where BINARY
USERNAME=%0
      AuthColumnDef   0, User-Password, check
      AuthColumnDef   1, GENERIC, check
      EAPType MSCHAP-V2, PAP
   </AuthBy>

   <AuthBy DYNADDRESS>
      AddressAllocator myallocator
      PoolHint pool-eduroam
      AddToReply Framed-Route="10.0.0.0/25  10.0.0.1 1"
      AddToReply MS-Primary-DNS-Server=84.88.0.3,
MS-Secondary-DNS-Server=84.88.0.5
      StripFromReply PoolHint
   </AuthBy>
</Realm>

This is the error I'm getting from de AP:
16:27:29.234 GMT: RADIUS/DECODE: EAP-Message fragments, 6, total 6 bytes
16:27:29.241 GMT: RADIUS/ENCODE(0000002A):Orig. component type = DOT11
16:27:29.241 GMT: RADIUS/ENCODE: No idb found! Framed IP Addr might not
be included

I thought that my NAS (my AP) would send all the attributes to the wifi
client but that's not happening.

Are this attributes only for PPP connections or is it possible to use
them using a wifi AP?

Thanks

--
Gerard