[RADIATOR] User-Names in accounting logs

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Thu Dec 29 15:21:08 CST 2011

On 12/29/2011 01:28 AM, Johnson, Neil M wrote:

> Running reports for this semester, I'm seeing all sorts of different
> User-Name attributes being logged in the database, sometimes it is the MAC
> Address of of the client, sometimes it is the machine name
> ("HOST/example") even though we are not doing machine authentication, and
> sometimes it appears to be the outer identity of the EAP tunnel even
> though I have implemented the eap_acct_username.pl hook from the "goodies"
> directory.

Hmm, I wonder if eap_acct_username.pl is working correctly. Have you
checked Trace 4 logs for what is returned with Access-Accept messages?
The perl snippet in goodies seems to depend e.g., that the outer request
identity is anonymous which may not be the case.

Have you modified the hook in any way? It may require some fixes to get
it working better.

Thanks!
Heikki

NetWare etc.