[RADIATOR] Missing attributes

Michael Newton mnewton at pofp.com
Mon Dec 5 23:34:05 CST 2011

Hi, most of our NAS devices include Acct-Output-Gigawords in their accounting requests, so we store it in our SQL database using an AuthSelect parameter with the %{IntegerValue:Acct-Output-Gigawords} syntax. But, we have a few devices that do not include it. So every time the AuthSelect is run in that case, we get this error in the log:

ERR: There is no value named  for attribute Acct-Input-Gigawords. Using 0.

I would request that either this be reduced in severity from error, or provide the opportunity to specify a default setting (e.g. %{IntegerValue:Acct-Input-Gigawords|0} where 0 is the default in case it's not present.) We did the former in our installation because it was easy, but the latter would probably be more useful.

Or, if there's already a way to deal with this I'd love to hear it. Thanks.

Mike