[RADIATOR] [IPv6] Issues with Framed-Interface-Id assignment

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Thu Aug 25 04:33:17 CDT 2011

On 08/22/2011 07:43 PM, Heikki Vatiainen wrote:

> I will take a look at the dictionary and check what changes would be
> appropriate to fix the problem.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3162 says the Framed-Interface-Id value
length is 8 octets, but it says nothing about how the itf id
presentation. By presentation I mean how it would be writtein in
configuration files etc.

>From the start of this thread we have one example:
Framed-Interface-Id = "10:1:1:1"

Would "::1" be valid? How about "abcd::3"?

The first two examples could be formatted as IPv6 addresses with the
first 64 bits chopped off. The third would not work that way.

What I'm looking for is ideas or more information what the itf ids may
look like. This would be needed to correctly pack the attribute when it
is sent to the wire.

Thanks!

NetWare etc.