[RADIATOR] BCRYPT

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Wed Aug 24 03:37:37 CDT 2011

On 08/23/2011 05:34 PM, Derek Buttineau wrote:

Hello Derek,

> Been trying to figure this out a concrete answer to this without much luck so I'm hoping someone here can help.  Can Radiator support bcrypt hashes for passwords? And if so, what would be used for the prefix? {bcrypt}?

Would this be for AuthBy SYSTEM or do you have something else in mind?

AuthBy SYSTEM currently supports $1$ (MD5) and support for $6$ (SHA-512)
is in the patches for 4.8

I just recently noticed many systems support types 2, 2a, and 5 and
there's also 2y that some systems may possibly use:

http://www.openwall.com/lists/announce/2011/07/17/1

I expect these will supported in the next release and will be in patches
for 4.8 before that.

Thanks,
Heikki

NetWare etc.