[RADIATOR] Question on FarmSize, SocketQueueLength, and net.core.rmem_max on Linux

Frank Danielson FDanielson at csky.com
Tue Aug 23 09:52:01 CDT 2011

We are currently running Radiator 4.7 under Redhat 5.5 and I am trying to make sure I understand the effect that the FarmSize setting has on the amount of memory allocated for the SocketQueue. If Radiator is configured with some FarmSize does each worker have its own SocketQueue with the effect of making the total amount of memory allocated = FarmSize * SocketQueueLength? For example if my SocketQueueLength is 1000000 and the FarmSize is 4, is there a total of 4000000 bytes allocated or is it just 1000000? In either instance I am assuming that the net.core.rmem_max size needs to be at least as large as that number, is that correct?

Frank Danielson
ClearSky Mobile Media, Inc. | fdanielson at csky.com<mailto:fdanielson at csky.com>

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein