[RADIATOR] EAP-SIM Authentication

M P antmtp at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 22 21:26:12 CDT 2011

hello Heikki,

> Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 19:35:34 +0300
> From: hvn at open.com.au
> To: antmtp at hotmail.com
> CC: radiator at open.com.au
> Subject: Re: [RADIATOR] EAP-SIM Authentication
>
> IMSI is usually in the username part of User-Name attribute. For example
> 154321067890123456 at wlan.mnc001.mcc123.3gppnetwork.org
I checked again the Radiator logs and searched the attributes within the Access-Request for the keyword "3gppnetwork.org", it looks like it comes from the EAP-Message attribute. If I searched the IMSI of the iPhone4 used to authenticate via EAP-SIM simulator, the IMSI will only appear on the third Access-Request as part of the long range format then the Radiator will send an Access-Request to the simulator with the actual value of the IMSI on the GSM-IMSI attribute. If I just want to get the actual IMSI from the user device's Access-Request so that I can send it to the external HLR via an API of the MAP gateway for verification, what do you think is the best way to do this? Please advice. Thank you in advance.