[RADIATOR] EAP-TTLS configuration guide for Radiator?

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Mon Aug 22 16:23:40 CDT 2011

On 08/22/2011 10:38 PM, Roberto Carlos wrote:

Hello Roberto,

> Hello, I've installed an evaluation version of Radiator and need to test 802.1x authentication on our Aruba wireless network using EAP-TTLS as the EAP method.
>
> We currently have a solution using PEAP-GTC up and running via a Cisco ACS (4.1 code), but are experiencing stability problems using that EAP type with the Mac OS 10.5 and 10.6 supplicant. Our ACS doesn't support EAP-TTLS, hence the Radiator trial. Our current design hands-off the auth request to our LDAP server (OpenLDAP) for verification and we'd like to implement the same scenario here, but substituting EAP-TTLS.

Radiator should work well with EAP-TTLS and Macs. I see no problems with
Aruba either.

> I've found a useful EAP-TTLS configuration guide for Interlink RAD-Series RADIUS Server here
> http://www.interlinknetworks.com/app_notes/eap-peap.htm
>
> and am wondering if a similar config guide exists for Radiator. That or any other suggestions to get my trial started would be most appreciated.

You may want to see goodies/eap_multi.cfg in the Radiator distribution.

TTLS authentication hits first the <Handler> clause. This clause takes
care of establishing the TLS tunnel. Once the tunnel is ready, <Handler
TunnelledByTTLS=1> takes care of the inner authentication. Instead of
<AuthBy FILE> you would use <AuthBy LDAP2> with the inner Handler.

For LDAP configuration, please see goodies/ldap.cfg

The reference manual will also be useful for checking the configuration
options.

This should get you started. Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks!
Heikki

NetWare etc.