[RADIATOR] failover SqlDB destinations

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Fri Aug 19 02:46:46 CDT 2011

On 08/18/2011 03:50 AM, Michael wrote:

> I'm still testing/monitoring it to. So far, it will just alternate
> between the first 2 sql sources.  I have 4. I wanted to keep the 1st sql
> source preferred. My patch may not be a desired solution, but here it is:

Thanks for the patch. If you need to change something or notice
something that might be of interest, please let us know. We are
interested to hear how your approach works.

We are considering changes to the error behaviour and as I wrote, also
thinking about how to do it so that the changes will not negatively
change existing configurations.

> Yes, I think it was I/O problems.  Not always, but a lot of times at
> 6:25am  (Debian Lenny), when the daily cron runs.  The timeout issue is
> not a Radiator problem.  It's an os/system/sql problem.  Only thing i
> was asking about, is if radiator should have a different response to an
> SQL timeout error.  Happens 2-3 times a day, but sometimes 0.

Ok. Thanks for an example. I can also imagine this happening when
there's a failure for example, with SAN or NAS systems.

> yes, multiple sql sources is an irrelevance for sql timeout issues.  It
> will just constantly re-connect to the first sql source.

Thanks!
Heikki

NetWare etc.