[RADIATOR] does OpenSSL 0.9.8n need patched for use with EAP-FAST?

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Fri Apr 1 10:01:33 CDT 2011

On 03/31/2011 03:51 PM, Jim Veneskey wrote:

> I have gone back to openssl 1.0.0d and installed newer versions of the
> modules.

Ok, I did also some testing. Please see below for more.

> Attached is a full log of my test session, including the radius.cfg and
> users file I am using.
> My radius.cfg is basically the example one found in goodies/.

Same here.

> I am testing the setup using a Windows client running Funk Odyssey and I
> have verified that
> the credentials I am using on the client match what is in the users file.
>
> Funk will prompt me to acquire new EAP-FAST credentials,  however, when
> I instruct it to do so - it just
> keeps popping back up.

I tested with eapol_test from wpa_supplicant package. Here's the
configuration I used:

network={
        ssid="eapol"
        proto=WPA2
        pairwise=CCMP
        key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
        eap=FAST
        anonymous_identity="hvn"
        identity="hvn"
        password="password"
        ca_cert="cacert.pem"
        phase1="fast_provisioning=2"
        pac_file="wpasupplicant.eap-fast-pac"
        phase2="autheap=MSCHAPV2"
        #dh_file="dh2048.pem"
}

Command was: ./eapol_test -p1645 -s mysecret -c eapol-eap-fast.conf

If run twice, it will succeed. The first run fetches the pac file and
then subsequent logins will succeed.

> It appears to be failing here:  (for full trace - see attachment)

Same here if I run it when there is no pac_file and fast_provisioning is
set to 1. The MSCHAP calculated challenge response does not match what
was expected.

>> Thu Mar 31 08:29:51 2011: DEBUG: Radius::AuthFILE ACCEPT: : anonymous
>> [anonymous]

It got the user and its password from users file.

>> Thu Mar 31 08:29:51 2011: DEBUG: EAP result: 1, EAP MSCHAP-V2
>> Authentication failure

Challenge was not what was expected.

> At this point, I am not sure if I now have Radiator configured properly,
> and the issue is with my client.

The Radiator configuration should be good. I think this is related to
what happens or does not happens during pac provisioning. I'll try with
a different client, iPod, later to see how it behaves.

> Radiator is not displaying any errors about modules any more - so I'm
> guessing it may be configured properly?

Thanks!
Heikki

NetWare etc.