[RADIATOR] Authby LSA and groups not working (redux)

Johnson, Neil M neil-johnson at uiowa.edu
Wed Sep 29 12:18:24 CDT 2010

I whipped up a script based on what I could find in the source code to test group membership and it doesn't seem to matter if the group is local or global, it can't find it:

#!c:\perl64\bin\perl.exe

use strict;
use Win32::NetAdmin;

my $User = "nmjoo";
my $Group = "ITS-WIRELESS";
my $Domain = "IOWA";
my $Server = "";

print "Getting Domain Controller\n";
Win32::NetAdmin::GetDomainController ("", $Domain, $Server);
print "Domain Controller for Domain $Domain is $Server\n";

print "Checking to see if user: $User is member of Group: $Group\n";
if ( Win32::NetAdmin::GroupIsMember($Server, $Group, $User)
                || Win32::NetAdmin::LocalGroupIsMember($Server, $Group, $User)) {
                print "$User is Member of group $Group";
}
else {
                print "$User is not Member of group $Group";
}

Output:

C:\Program Files\Radiator>test2.pl
Getting Domain Controller
Domain Controller for Domain IOWA is \\IOWADC1
Checking to see if user: nmjoo is member of Group: ITS-WIRELESS
nmjoo is not Member of group ITS-WIRELESS
C:\Program Files\Radiator>
--
Neil Johnson
Network Engineer