[RADIATOR] Upgrade to 4.6 caused me problems

Jethro R Binks jethro.binks at strath.ac.uk
Fri Sep 17 10:51:35 CDT 2010

On Fri, 17 Sep 2010, Hugh Irvine wrote:

> Hello Heikki, Hello Jethro -
>
> Yes correct - if you want the decoded values you should use a ClientHook
> instead of a PreClientHook.

In my case, the messages are being generated in an AuthLog referenced from
a Handler.  There does happen to be a PreClientHook statement associated
with that Handler but I don't what that's got to do with the Handler
logging.  E.g.:

<Handler Realm=/^($|strath\.ac\.uk$)/>
        Identifier      strathrealm
        AuthLog         authlog

<AuthLog FILE>
        Identifier      authlog
        Filename        %L/auth
        LogSuccess      1
        LogFailure      1
        SuccessFormat %l OK   \
                client=%C \
                clientip=%c \
                clientident=%{Client:Identifier} \
#               nasip=%N \
                nasip=%{NAS-IP-Address} \

nasip=%{NAS-IP-Address} works, nasip=%N doesn't.

Jethro.

Jethro.

> regards
>
> Hugh
>

> On 17 Sep 2010, at 10:02, Heikki Vatiainen wrote:
>
> > On 09/17/2010 05:43 PM, Jethro R Binks wrote:
> >
> >> With reference to the problem I observed when upgrading to 4.6, where
> >> special character %N (ref: "The NAS-IP-Address in the current request (if
> >> any)") is printed "raw"

> >> nasid=
> >> hex
> >> 4.6
> >
> > The messages from Apr 26, are they from a hook?
> >
> > If I remember correctly there have been changes to packet processing
> > that affected the moment of decoding and translation of packet contents.
> >
> > So if the messages are for example, from a PreClientHook the following
> > note from the manual may apply.
> >
> > 5.4.27 PreClientHook
> > Caution: At the time this hook is run, integer attributes have not yet
> > been unpacked and decoded, and encrypted attributes have not yet been
> > decrypted. If you need unpacked, decrypted versions of these attributes,
> > consider using a per-client ClientHook instead.
> >
> > --
> > Heikki Vatiainen, Arch Red Oy
> > +358 44 087 6547
>

> NB:
>
> Have you read the reference manual ("doc/ref.html")?
> Have you had a quick look on Google (www.google.com)?
> Have you included a copy of your configuration file (no secrets),

> Includes support for reliable RADIUS transport (RadSec),
> and DIAMETER translation agent.
> -
> -
> CATool: Private Certificate Authority for Unix and Unix-like systems.

Jethro R Binks, Computing Officer
Information Services, The University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK

The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, number SC015263.