[RADIATOR] Authentication type not support - HELP

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Tue Sep 14 04:50:56 CDT 2010

Hi,

>   I'm getting the following error relating to REJECT: Authentication type not supported.
>   Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what I have done wrong?

you've tried to use HOTP for an MSCHAPv2 challenge method...which, as Hugh says isnt possible.
the debug log tries to help

> Mon Sep 13 21:53:29 2010: DEBUG: Radius::AuthSQLHOTP REJECT: Authentication type not supported. Only RADIUS PAP, EAP-OPT and EAP-GTC is supported by HOTP: mreeves [mreeves]

it might be good if the type was mentioned in the debug to clear any doubts...but HOTP only
does RFC 4226 authentication....so really needs the password given to it there and then.

you need to use another Auth method....if you've got need for both one-time and mschapv2 stuff then you'll need
to eg define another handler thats looking for that type of authentication and dealing with it

(then theres the issue of which types of backend authentication can be used with MSCHAPv2....)

alan