[RADIATOR] Using EAPBalance with Steel-Belted Radius

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Wed Sep 8 10:40:59 CDT 2010

Hello Neil -

As far as we are aware there shouldn't be any problem.

If you have any trouble with your testing please send us a copy of your configuration file and a trace 4 debug from Radiator showing what is happening.

From the history file for Radiator 4.6 (http://www.open.com.au/radiator/history.html):

Improvements to AuthBy EAPBALANCE and AuthBy HASHBALANCE to work better in multi-AP roaming TTLS/PEAP session resumption environments. The default behaviour of AuthBy HASHBALANCE is to compute the HASH based on the same attributes as the EAP context. This prevents false detection of loss of continuity in EAP streams. AuthBy EAPBALANCE now sets the State in all replies in an EAP stream, not just the first, in order to work correctly with some non-compliant APs. AuthBy HASHBALANCE is deprecated in favour of AuthBy EAPBALANCE in any EAP-capable environment.

BTW - the most recent release is Radiator 4.7.

On 7 Sep 2010, at 19:02, Johnson, Neil M wrote:

> Has anyone tried using <EAPBalance> using Steel-Belted Radius as the backend ?
>
> I don’t think it will work because SBR does not do duplicate detection in standard way.
>
> Thanks.
>

> -Neil
>

> --
> Neil Johnson