[RADIATOR] ServerHTTP

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at archred.com
Wed Oct 13 15:10:48 CDT 2010

On 10/13/2010 10:48 PM, Smith, Todd wrote:

>>> If there is a limit to the logfile size, can you limit the size
>>> of a logfile being created?
>
>> There are no features for rotating/changing log files based on
>> size.
>
> This would seem to be a nice feature request since some other RADIUS
> servers can do this and some customers might have functionity based
> around size.  It is not a show-stopper for me since as long as I can
> read the file then it is good enough.

One thing which might help with size based rotating is mentioned in
section 5.11 in the reference manual. The file can be rotated any time
since it is not kept open but only opened when needed.

For example logrotate, which comes with many Linux distributions, can
rotate logs based on their size. This approach lets the logrotating
software take care of (delay)compressing, renaming, moving to holding
directories and doing other log specific house keeping.

--
Heikki Vatiainen, Arch Red Oy
+358 44 087 6547