[RADIATOR] ServerHTTP

Smith, Todd Todd.Smith at camc.org
Tue Oct 12 09:12:47 CDT 2010

I am working on replacing some elderly Steel-Belted RADIUS servers with Ubuntu 8.04LTS running Radiator and I am encountering some unusual situations.  I don't think that it is a true problem or I would have posted a config and trace but it is somewhat surprising.  I expect that you will see plenty of postings from me as I try understand and work the new servers into our environment.

Using the <ServerHTTP> clause, is there a limit to the size of the file that can be viewed under the View Log link?  A logfile that is 903K can be read without any issue but a larger file, like a 10MB file causes the entire perl process to stop.  It doesn't produce any core dump or any error message, it just drops out of  process space and is not running under ps -ef.  If I restart the perl process and radiator, then the <ServerHTTP> function restarts and I can log back into the website.

If there is a limit to the logfile size, can you limit the size of a logfile being created?  I am currently rotating the logfile using the date % macros in the LogFile directive but the file grows until the date changes.  I am still using Trace level 4 which as soon as I am comfortable that everything is setup and working correctly then I will reduce it back to 0 or 1.

Thank you for your time.

Todd Smith

Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this message
may be privileged and confidential. If this e-mail contains
protected health information, you are hereby notified that any
strictly prohibited,except as permitted by law. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender
immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your
computer.  Thank you.