[RADIATOR] L5 load balancers for Radius

Stubbs, Colin cstubbs at tnsi.com
Tue Nov 30 18:04:04 CST 2010

Hi Mike

TACACS+ can be a single TCP port virtual server, or full IP load balancing.

RADIUS needs to be full IP load balancing to support accounting ports, and possibly having both legacy and new ports.

I've never done it, but there's doco on Ask F5.

This one has a context of supporting local auth on the F5, but also shows how the destination monitoring and virtual server load balancing would work for doing load balancing of client connections to servers.

https://support.f5.com/kb/en-us/solutions/public/6000/200/sol6291.html

But you'll probably have to login to view that. PDF dump attached.

-Colin