[RADIATOR] Certificate issues with intermediate certificates.

Smith, Todd Todd.Smith at camc.org
Mon Nov 22 16:04:22 CST 2010

Hello Christian,

Thank you for your very helpful response!  I was able to download and compile eapol_test from the wpa_supplicant source and it seems to show the intermediate certificate chain is being transmitted correctly.  It is hard to know exactly since most the  output is hex dumps, but I see DigiCert logos in the output so I believe that it working correctly.

I am able to successfully authenticate many clients of different OS but the Apple devices seem to be giving me the most problem.  I flashed a 2nd Gen iPod Touch today using the latest iOS 4.2.1 but it didn't change the underlying issue.  The Radiator server certificate is consistently showing up on the Apple device as Not Verified even though the correct Root Certificate is on the device.

I had to change to using EAPTLS_CertificateChainFile and ran into the issue with EAPTLS_PrivateKeyFile as others have recently and it was quickly solved as you point out by placing the server certificate first.

I have DigiCert engaged in looking into the problem but it is very puzzling since even with the correct Root, the server still doesn't verify.

Todd Smith