[RADIATOR] Basic question about AuthBy and Handlers.

Ricardo Martinez rmartinez at redvoiss.net
Wed Nov 17 07:19:26 CST 2010

Hello.

I have a basic question about the AuthBy clause.  I’m in the process of
understand the configuration file create by another person. So.

If I have  <AuthBy XXX> clauses before anything else in the configuration
file, this means all the request are going to be authenticated for each one
of this clauses??  Or just they define the way to connect to the other
server to forward the request, and the Reaquest are processed with the
Handler clauses before ??

This is the beginning of the configuration file :

<Client DEFAULT>

        Secret nokia

        DupInterval 0

</Client>

<AuthBy RADIUS>

    Identifier WAPGW

    IgnoreAccountingResponse

    Host xx.xx.xx.xx

    Secret nokia

    AuthPort 1812

    AcctPort 1813

    Retries 0

    MaxFailedRequests 50

    FailureBackoffTime 0

</AuthBy>

# En este AuthBy se definen los parametros para reenviar los requerimientos
hacia Subscriber Manager

<AuthBy RADIUS>

    Identifier CiscoSuscriberManager

    IgnoreAccountingResponse

    IgnoreAuthentication

    Host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

    Secret scesm

    AuthPort 1812

    AcctPort 1813

    Retries 0

    MaxFailedRequests 50

    FailureBackoffTime 0

    AddToRequest Class = %{3GPP-User-Location-Info}, 3GPP-SGSN-Roaming =
%{3GPP-SGSN-Address}

</AuthBy>

<AuthBy INTERNAL>

   Identifier MobiProf

   RequestHook file:"/etc/radiator/mobiprof_connector.pl"

</AuthBy>

<AuthBy SQL>

    Identifier SqlStart

    DBSource        dbi:mysql:database=radius;host=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;timeout=1

    DBUsername      radius

    DBAuth

    FailureBackoffTime 10

    Timeout 1

    AcctSQLStatement replace into ONLINE
(MSISDN,APN,3GPP_Charging_Id,Username,Acct_Session_Id,Timestamp,NAS_Identifier,Framed_IP_A$

</AuthBy>

<AuthBy SQL>

    Identifier SqlAlive

    DBSource        dbi:mysql:database=radius;host=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;timeout=1

    DBUsername      radius

    DBAuth

    FailureBackoffTime 10

    Timeout 1

    AcctSQLStatement update ONLINE set Timestamp = "%{Timestamp}",
3GPP_RAT_Type = if("%{3GPP-RAT-Type}"="", NULL , "%{3GPP-RAT-Typ$

</AuthBy>

<AuthBy SQL>

    Identifier SqlStop

    DBSource        dbi:mysql:database=radius;host=xxx.xxx.xxx.xx;timeout=1

    DBUsername      radius

    DBAuth

    FailureBackoffTime 10

    Timeout 1

    AcctSQLStatement delete from ONLINE where
NAS_Identifier="%{NAS-Identifier}" and
3GPP_Charging_Id="%{3GPP-Charging-Id}";

</AuthBy>

<Handler Request-Type=Access-Request, 3GPP-Charging-Characteristics =
/(1400|1600)/>

        <AuthBy TEST>

        </AuthBy>

        DefaultReply Called-Station-Id = "isp.domain.pp"

</Handler>

. . .

<Handler Request-Type=Access-Request, Called-Station-Id=/imovil.domain\.cl/>

        <AuthBy TEST>

        </AuthBy>

</Handler>

So, if a request is coming to my server, the first thing to try is the
Handlers??.. or the AuthBy clause defined at the beginning of the
configuration file?

Hope someone can help me here.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,