[RADIATOR] EAP Forcing outer identity to match inner identity

Johnson, Neil M neil-johnson at uiowa.edu
Thu Nov 11 11:15:02 CST 2010

We need to be able to track the real user name for DMCA and other security purposes.

Our current RADIUS (Steel-Belted Radius) server returns a class attribute to the NAS with the user's inner identity encrypted.  The RADIUS server is smart enough to decrypt the class attribute when it gets returned in the accounting record from NAS and substitute it to for the outer identity.

Microsoft NPS uses the outer identity for the username when authenticating, in effect forcing it be the same as the inner identity, you can  work around this but then the user can over ride the out identity.

There is a script in the goodies directory "eap_anon_hook.pl" that will tracks the users inner identity, but I'm having trouble getting it working with SQL Server.

-Neil

--
Neil Johnson
Network Engineer