[RADIATOR] Hello guys - losing some "calls" when I get some peaks (per second)

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Nov 8 14:47:30 CST 2010

Hi,
> Hey guys
>
> I have been using Radioator for the past years (from 2006) and it is
> mainly used to get calls, validating them and then saving them in a
> database.

sounds very much like a database speed issue.  what engine are you using
with your MySQL ?  InnoDB or the stock myISAM?  have you done the basic
DB administration - eg tweaking the settings to have more threads and
cache etc?  mysql comes with quite a few basic templates to get you
started - and to get better performance.  there are benchmarking tools
out there so that you can measure and check what you've achieved. btw,
dont make more than one change at a time(!) .  we found MySQL not good
enough for large numbers of consecutive transactions - its got a few basic
issues with concurrent access - even with a better engine dropped into place.
moved to postgreSQL instead and without any tweaking the performance
gain was through the roof.....yes, there were some learning stages...but
its SQL and since our toolsets are commonly DBI based, it was minor forklift
replacement.  YMMV

alan