[RADIATOR] Authn/Acct split with TACACS+

Andrew Clark adc at umn.edu
Tue May 25 13:14:23 CDT 2010

Hi,

I'd like to split my Radiator into two instances; one for authentication and
the other for accounting.  I'd also like to not split my configuration (too
much).  This seems easy to do with the auth_port and acct_port parameters on
the command line (I'm setting the acct_port to 0 on the authentication
instance and vice versa).  The only wrinkle I seem to have is my
ServerTACACSPLUS section, since both processes want to bind to the TACACS+
TCP port.
Any suggestions on how to handle this?  (A third instance for TACACS+?)

How do TACACS+ derived RADIUS requests get handled in this split model?

--
Andrew D. Clark
Network Operations Engineer