[RADIATOR] PEAP(MSCHAPv2), AD and Radiator on Linux

Amândio Antunes Gomes Silva amandio at scom.uminho.pt
Thu May 20 03:37:40 CDT 2010

Hi all!

I've implemented a Radiator configuration that supports both EAP/TTLS (that uses LDAP) and EAP/PEAP (MSCHAPv2), but de PEAP requests are forwarded to an MS IAS server which handles them. It has some limitations, once I'm not the AD administrator, so I can't do dynamic VLAN allocation based on users profile and things alike. By the way, I'm wondering if there's a post-processing hook the can do a LDAP query to the AD and retrieve that data (the LDAP that we're using is, in fact, a gateway to the same AD that IAS uses). If you are interested in more details, you can contact me directly (Hugh, this is an issue that we've discussed one and a half year ago - or 2, I don't remember - and I managed get it to work, although I didn't let you know.)

Best regards,

Cumprimentos,
Amândio Antunes Gomes da Silva
Serviço de Comunicações da Universidade do Minho
Campus de Gualtar, 4710-057 Braga - Portugal
Tel.: + 351 253 60 40 20, Fax: +351 253 60 40 21
VoIP: amandio at scom.uminho.pt
email: amandio at scom.uminho.pt | http://www.scom.uminho.pt
This email is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient,
you must not disclose or use the information contained in it.
If you have received this mail in error, please tell us immediately
by return email and delete the document.