[RADIATOR] Mac Startup

Adam Gerson agersonl at cgps.org
Tue Jun 22 10:12:46 CDT 2010

I am following the instructions in INSTALL.MacOSX. That startup item
uses /usr/bin/radiusd which I believe conflicts with the default
installation of FreeRadius on Mac Server 10.4.6.

sidekick:~ sadmin$ /Library/StartupItems/Radiator/Radiator start
Starting Radiator RADIUS server
/Library/StartupItems/Radiator/Radiator: line 15: /usr/bin/radiusd: No
such file or directory

To get arround this during testing you had me start the process manually
with:

sudo perl radiusd -foreground -log_stdout -trace 4 -config_file
/etc/radiator/radius.cfg

How should I modify StartService to give it the right command to start
in my environment?

StartService ()
{
     if [ "${RADIUS:=-NO-}" = "-YES-" ]; then
         if ! pid=$(GetPID radiusd); then
             ConsoleMessage "Starting Radiator RADIUS server"
             /usr/bin/radiusd -config_file /etc/radiator/radius.cfg \
                 -pid_file /var/run/radiusd.pid
         fi
     fi
}