[RADIATOR] Adding circuit ref to a L2TP session on LTS

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Tue Jun 15 08:44:03 CDT 2010

Hello Steve -

You can use the Class attribute for this purpose.

If you return a Class attribute in an access accept, it will be included in the subsequent accounting requests for that session.

You will of course need to test this thoroughly to verify correct operation in your environment.

See RFC 2865 for details.

On 15 Jun 2010, at 09:37, Steve Lalonde wrote:

> Hi
>
> Not sure if this is a Radius question or a Cisco question
>
> I have an issue where my supplier is unable to give me Calling-Station-Id over an L2TP feed for some types of service.
>
> All sessions come to an LTS pool under my control and are then sent on to either my LNS pool or to customers LNS
>
> What i need to do is insert the circuit reference into a radius attribute that i can send to my LTS as a reply item during the authentication that will be forwarded to the LNS and be visible in the LNS radius authentication request. I have tried the obvious of setting Calling-Station-Id/Called-Station-Id as reply items but with zero results. I am getting to the point where i think this might be impossible to do as i cant find anything like this on google or cco
>
> most of the hardware is 7301 running 12.2(31)SB16
>

> Steve

NB: