[RADIATOR] how to disconnect the online user

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Wed Jun 2 06:25:27 CDT 2010

Hello Rocky -

You will need to configure the Cisco to generate Interim accounting requests and you will need to configure Radiator to keep running totals for each user in an SQL database.

You will also need some form of periodic job (cron job or similar) to check the totals and issue the disconnect requests.

You can use the "radpwtst" utility included with Radiator to generate the disconnect requests - this is not something that Radiator can do automatically.

On 4 Jun 2010, at 01:56, Rocky.Li wrote:

> Hi  all
>
> I  use  Cisco 2821 and it  send authentication request for PPPoE users toward a Radiator Radius Server.  it  was tested successful. But I was wondering how to disconnect the online users if they are overdue? Can do it through the radius server?
>
> And  how to count the usage (downloads and uploads)? Need additional device or software?
>

> Best Regards!
>
> Rocky Li
>
> Unit 3, Level 1, 14 Queens Rd
> Melbourne, VIC, 3004