[RADIATOR] "Could not bind" errors

Stewart Elkin stewart.elkin at smartcitizen.net
Wed Jun 2 04:14:31 CDT 2010

We have installed an eval of Radiator v4.6 on 32-bit Windows 2008, and
followed the Windows install steps, selecting the install-ldap option in
step 7. This is a standard installation, we have not changed any of the
installed config files at all.

On running the initial test in step 14 using c:\perl\bin\radiusd, we see
the following errors:
    Wed Jun  2 09:43:44 2010: DEBUG: Finished reading configuration file
'C:\Program Files\Radiator\radius.cfg'
    Wed Jun  2 09:43:44 2010: DEBUG: Reading dictionary file 'c:/Program
Files/Radiator/dictionary'
    Wed Jun  2 09:43:44 2010: DEBUG: Creating authentication port
0.0.0.0:1645
    Wed Jun  2 09:43:44 2010: ERR: Could not bind authentication socket:
Unknown error
    Wed Jun  2 09:43:44 2010: DEBUG: Creating accounting port
0.0.0.0:1646
    Wed Jun  2 09:43:44 2010: ERR: Could not bind accounting socket:
Unknown error
    Wed Jun  2 09:43:44 2010: NOTICE: Server started: Radiator 4.6 on
SC-INF-VM-01 (LOCKED)

Then, when we then run the radpwtst module it generates a "No reply"
error and there is no activity reported at the server.

Does anyone know what the cause might be?

Thanks,
Stewart

This email and any attachments are intended for above named only and may be confidential.  If they have come to you in error, you must take no action based on them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone; please email us immediately at enquiries at smartcitizen.net.

Please note that this email may be subject to recording and/or monitoring in accordance with the relevant legislation and may need to be disclosed under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 or the Environmental Information Regulations 2004.

Security Warning:  It is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that this email and any attachments are virus free.  SmartCitizen Limited will not accept liability for any damaged caused by a virus.