[RADIATOR] odd odbc issue

Mike McGinn mikemcginn at mcginnweb.net
Wed Jan 20 07:41:33 CST 2010

I have three new servers I am trying to deploy Radiator on.

I have a rented server with Windows Server 2003, Active Perl 5.8.8.822 (so I
can install Win32::Daemon), SQLSRV32.DLL v2000.86.3959.00 and Radiator 4.5.1
which I downloaded from open.com.au -- this installation runs. Though it seems
not to be listening on all the IP's it should

I have three new Dell Servers Windows 2003,  Active Perl 5.8.8.822,
SQLSRV32.DLL v2000.86.3959.00. I first tried running our current production
version (3.13 with some patches) and I got an error message that DBI Connect
failed "datasource name not found and no default driver specified ... (SQL-
IM002).

Before anyone asks, the ODBC datasources we used were created and tested fine
in the MS Data Sources utility.

So, I started over again and installed the new version and tested everything
and when I tried to bring up Radiator I got the same message.

Has anybody seen this before?? Does anybody have any advice to offer?? This is
one of those things that makes no sense to me and I may be missing something.
I have been working too many hours for too many days.

Thanks
--
Mike McGinn		FACOCM
No electrons were harmed in sending this message.