[RADIATOR] Authby ROUNDROBIN fallback

jim at scusting.com jim at scusting.com
Thu Feb 11 07:43:25 CST 2010

Hi,

I'm currently have a handler doing proxy Radius with AuthBy ROUNDROBIN
to a customers Radius server - however their Radius setup isn't that
reliable (probably not using Radiator ;) ) and in the event of their
Radius not responding I want to fall back to a default accept that will
put the user in a walled garden.

As proxy Radius is asynchronous, is the only way to do this (without
Synchronous which I dont want to due as they are not reliable) with the
NoReplyHook?  I have looked at goodies/noReplyFromProxy but my perl is
rather non-existent.  If I can get this hook to somehow respond with
what I need (just needs an accept with RB-Context-Name="WalledGarden")
will it it trigger when both of the servers in the ROUNDROBIN fail or
just the one it happened to hit?

I suppose the other solution would be to have 2 seperate Radius servers
defined instead of ROUNDROBIN and add a 3rd to the list which points to
a local Radius server that always responds with the standard walled
garden accept, and then if both timeout it will resort to the 3rd server
until the 1st 2 have recovered after FailureBackoffTime?

Thanks.

Jim.