[RADIATOR] Can't Insert into database - fresh radiator install

Ricardo Freitas rff at t2change.com
Fri Dec 10 12:09:24 CST 2010

Hello everyone.

I just installed Radiator 4.7. Have perl 5.12 and Mysql 5.1.8x.

I had a running configuration of Radiator 2.19 that worked fine and upon
any call, it would register the info on my database.

Currently, I'm trying to "authenticate" some calls using "radpwtsd" but
despite the fact I'm able to authenticate and account for each call,
those calls aren't inserted into the database - bear in mind that they
are logged and saved into the radius log directory.

I would also like to know how I can configure such logs since I'm trying
to log different perl files (so I can find out what is happening with
some variables) but I'm unable to do so. Thought a simple printf would
suffice if I was running the --config-file with debug on.

I can't manage to get the calls into the database and on the mysql logs
I haven't got any error (error log and general query log). I've tried to
access and insert a record into the database using the mysql/radius user
file and was able to.

Can you guys give me some tips on where to start looking for problems? I
mean from 2.19 to 4.7 is an huge leap.

Thanks a lot, I'm kind of desperate.

Ricardo