[RADIATOR] Updated Radiator - error Can't locate object method "readConfig"

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Thu Dec 9 04:24:49 CST 2010

On 12/08/2010 07:18 PM, Ricardo Freitas wrote:

> Just upgraded Radioator to the latest version and have Perl 5.8.8 also
> running.
>
> When trying to run "radiusd --config_file
> /my_radius_config_file_instance" I get the following error:
>

> "Can't locate object method "readConfig" via package
> "Radius::ServerConfig" at /usr/bin/radiusd", on ilne 181
>

> Could this be an error due too some obsolete configuration on the config
> file? I fear it could be a Radiator error, since the file radiusd is the
> one reporting the error.

Christian already mentioned that radiusd needs to match the Radiator
perl modules and for me it looks like your radiusd is picking up the
modules from the old version.

Try the following to test the new version (all on one line):

perl -I /path_to_latest_version radiusd --config_file
/my_radius_config_file_instance

In other words, -I prepends the new version to the module search path
making it possible for perl to pickup the new version modules.

The /path_to_latest_version should be the path that contains Radius/
subdirectory from the Radiator distribution. This is the directory that
is created when you uncompress the distribution package.

> I had the radiator version 2.1.9 (yeah, really old..)
>
> Thanks guys, appreciate any help you can provide.

Please let us know if this helps.

NetWare etc.