[RADIATOR] What do these error messages indicate ?

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Fri Aug 27 17:46:48 CDT 2010

Hello Neil -

In this case what is usually happening is the target RADIUS server is slow to respond, your RADIUS server sends a retransmission, the first reply comes back from the target which is processed normally, then finally the reply to the retransmission comes back and it is marked as "unknown reply" because the previous reply has already been processed.

The "Bad authenticator" indicates an incorrect shared secret.

On 27 Aug 2010, at 23:56, Johnson, Neil M wrote:

> The messages appear only when the server is under high load. I'm investigating with the upstream radius server vendor.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Neil
>
> --
> Neil Johnson