[RADIATOR] Trace level online changing

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Fri Aug 6 03:08:57 CDT 2010

Hello Arthur -

When you specify "FarmSize 4" in your configuration file, you are telling Radiator to start 4 child processes, all of which listen on the AuthPort and AcctPort you have specified.

The parent process does not handle any RADIUS requests itself, so although you have increased the debug level for the parent process, the children are still running at Trace 3.

If you do a "ps -aux" (or its moral equivalent on your system) you will see all of the radiusd processes, and you can send each child process a "kill -USR1 …." to increase the trace level of each one.

Don't forget to send the children a "kill -USR2 …." to reduce the trace level again.

On 6 Aug 2010, at 17:47, Arthur Konovalov wrote:

> Hi!
> Please correct me if I'm wrong.
> I understand that in Linux environment is possible online trace level
> changing.
> Radiator started with "Trace 3" and after running "/etc/rc.d/rc.radiator
> inc" I have in log file only:
> Fri Aug  6 10:27:55 2010 648930: INFO: Trace level changed to 4
> Fri Aug  6 10:27:55 2010 649433: INFO: Trace level increased to 4
>
> That's all, nothing more. Server is under load and wireshark displays a
> lot packets.
> Using Radiator 4.6 on Slackware-12.0
>
> Part of radiator.cfg:
> LogStdout