[RADIATOR] Dynamic VLAN assignment based on AD group membership

Johnson, Neil M neil-johnson at uiowa.edu
Wed Apr 28 11:36:45 CDT 2010

Would anyone be willing to share their ideas on how to do Dynamic VLAN assignment based on one's member ship in an Active Directory Group using Radiator?

 I know  how return the actual Radius attributes to assign VLANS (Tunnel-Private-Group-ID, etc.).

What I'm looking for is how to define those attributes based on a user's membership in an AD group.

So for example:

User1 is in AD group "ITS-STAFF" they get assigned to one VLAN
User2 is in AD group "ITS-STUDENTS" they get assigned to a different VLAN.

I'm assuming that I will need to use a  hook.

Thanks.
-Neil

--
Neil Johnson