[RADIATOR] Upgrade to 4.6 caused me problems

Jethro R Binks jethro.binks at strath.ac.uk
Tue Apr 27 03:21:56 CDT 2010

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010, Hugh Irvine wrote:

> >> Yes - this is because many people need to mix both EAP and non-EAP in an
> >> AuthBy GROUP - hence the change.
> >
> > OK .. did I miss part of history.html that details this, or is it
> > something that could be made clearer?
>
> Not sure how it could be made clearer - sadly EAP by its nature is not
> clear.

True enough.  I meant the addition of a note to say something like "if you
previously defined EAP parameters within an AuthBy GROUP, you will need to
transfer them to the particular AuthBy(s) that participate in the EAP
transaction", or whatever terminology best suits.  That would have caught
my eye when reading history.html and I would have known changes needed to
be made beforehand.  You could (rightly) consider it an error to have put
the EAP stuff in the AuthBy GROUP in the first place rather than the
subordinate AuthBy, but it did work so I probably won't be the only one
who did that :).

> Yes - we've had quite a bit of trouble with EAPAnonymous.
>
> I suggest you use the following if the User-Name is correct in the outer
> request:
>
> 	EAPAnonymous %{User-Name}

If I'm not using the Windows client, it might not be; it might by
recommendation be @strath.ac.uk or anonymous at strath.ac.uk.  So I may have
to use a hook here to guarantee the right thing happens.  I will re-read
it all and try and understand it again ...

Any eduroam people listening who have had to deal with this?

> Well - Radiator is doing exactly what you are telling it to.
>
> If you want the %D expanded you should use this:
>
> DefineFormattedGlobalVar CertDir %D/certificates-4.6

Aha ... I'd completely forgotten that one (never needed to use it).  Ace
man, thanks.

> I'll have to get back to you on this one - it looks suspicious.

Ta.

Jethro.

Jethro R Binks
Computing Officer, IT Services, University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK