[RADIATOR] Issue with FarmSize and Monitor in version 4.6

Ivan Brawley brawley at internode.com.au
Thu Apr 22 20:05:23 CDT 2010

Greetings,

I have found a rather interesting issue with using Monitor module with
FarmSize set to a number greater then 1.

With FarmSize, Radiator does the right thing in spawning multiple children
processes. And with Monitor configured, the parent is the process that is
listening on the Monitor port.

However, when you connect to the Monitor port, the parent will palm the
handling of the connection to one of the children.

Which then means that Monitor connection will ever see traffic for that child
and not the others.

We are using the Monitor feature of Radiator for our internal tools to watch
people when they log onto our services.

The config looks something like this:

Trace 1
FarmSize 3
<Monitor>
  Port 9048
  Username XXXXX
  Password XXXXX
  TraceOnly
</Monitor>

Anyone else noticed this? Did you find a fix or write your own Monitor module
that could be shared?

I have a few ideas on how to fix this but I'm interested in other people's
thoughts to it too.

Thanks.

ivan.
--