[RADIATOR] loop avoidance with Handler and Client Identifier

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at archred.com
Fri Apr 9 10:42:52 CDT 2010

On 04/09/2010 05:57 PM, Alan Buxey wrote:

> I recall , in the past, seeing a resource  either in email or on the web
> that used a method of NAS-Identifier to stop a Handler sending authentications
> back to a realm from whence they ame - ie avoid authentication loops.

I think this might be it:

<Handler NAS-Identifier=/^(?!nasid)/>

Also Client-Identifier can be used here instead of NAS-Identifier. That
is use something like:
<Client>
  Identifier clientid
</Client>

And the use Client-Identifier=/^(?!clientid)/ with the Handler.

> can anyone prod my memory or even verride that resource with their best practice?

See Radiator's ref-4.6.pdf Section 13.1.36 and search ?! for an example.
Also eduroam cookbook has an example, you can find it below. Search for
?! or see section 3.1.1.4

http://www.eduroam.org/index.php?p=europe&s=docs

--
Heikki Vatiainen, Arch Red Oy