[RADIATOR] "Wellness" metric

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at archred.com
Mon Sep 21 14:48:13 CDT 2009

Dominic J. Eidson wrote:
> While troubleshooting some Wireless issues, the vendor in question is
> trying to blame Radiator for being too slow in responding to radius
> requests, and claiming this is causing issues with roaming.

A quick check would be to see that you do not have %C formatting
character in logging format or elsewhere. That can lead to problems if
DNS takes time or does not function correctly.

> Is there an easy way (using Hooks?) to include the amount of time it's
> taking to process a RADIUS request, or some other "wellness" metric we
> can use to compare times without problems to times with problems?

So far I have not had need to do that, so I will leave this to the others.

--
Heikki Vatiainen, Arch Red Oy
+358 44 087 6547