[RADIATOR] FarmSize (Server Farm) and PEAP fast reconnect

Andrew D. Clark adc at umn.edu
Tue Oct 27 11:11:46 CDT 2009

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone is using the FarmSize parameter along with PEAP fast
reconnect.  I seem to get a lot of TLS failures related to PEAP fast
reconnects when I set FarmSize to something other than 0:

Tue Oct 27 10:38:04 2009: ERR: EAP PEAP TLS read failed:  16946: 1 -
error:140D2081:SSL routines:TLS1_ENC:block cipher pad is wrong
Tue Oct 27 10:38:04 2009: INFO: Access rejected for userX: EAP PEAP TLS read
failed
Tue Oct 27 10:38:04 2009: ERR: EAP PEAP TLS read failed:  16946: 1 -
error:140D2081:SSL routines:TLS1_ENC:block cipher pad is wrong
Tue Oct 27 10:38:04 2009: INFO: Access rejected for userX: EAP PEAP TLS read
failed

So I've set FarmSize back to 0 and the problem appears to disappear.
Normal EAP-PEAP authentication works fine, just fast reconnect has issues.

Do FarmSize and PEAP fast reconnect not play well together?

--
Andrew D. Clark
Network Operations Engineer