[RADIATOR] Radiator - AuthBy LDAP2 always rejected

Pentium Wong huanghl2007 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 03:37:46 CDT 2009

Dear all,

I am a newbie of Radiator and I need to config it to use AuthBy LDAP2. I
have used the goodies file ldap.cfg and place it to
/etc/radiator/radius.cfg. On the other hand, I create an openldap server on
localhost and use the goodies file users.ldif to add several users.

Note that I can use the " ldapsearch -x -b 'dc=example,dc=com' -D
'cn=Manager,dc=example,dc=com' -w secret " to list all users. So I think
that my openldap server is OK. But when I use the Radiator test tool
radpwtst -gui to check username and password, It always rejects.

Does any place need to be edit in ldap.cfg ( goodies ) to make the
authentication work?

Thanks in advanced.

Best Regards,
Cowking