[RADIATOR] Multiple client identifiers with same IP

Jim Tyrrell jim at scusting.com
Thu Oct 8 08:19:33 CDT 2009

Is it valid to have multiple Client identifiers with the same IP?

I have a client identifier which refers to a group of LNS, however I
wanted to change the behaviour of a specific LNS for a specific handler
so I added another identifier for the specific LNS as below:

<Client 10.0.0.1>
       Identifier LNSgroup
       Secret secretpass
       IdenticalClients 10.0.0.2
       IdenticalClients 10.0.0.3
</Client>

<Client 10.0.0.1>
       Identifier LNS1
       Secret secretpass
</Client>

<Handler Client-Identifier = LNS1, Realm =
/(realm1.com|realm2.com|realm3.com)/>
        AuthByPolicy ContinueAlways
        <AuthBy TEST>
            <blah>
        </AuthBy>
</Handler>

<Handler Client-Identifier = LNSgroup, Realm =
/(realm1.com|realm2.com|realm3.com)/>
        AuthByPolicy ContinueAlways
        <AuthBy TEST>
            <blah>
        </AuthBy>
</Handler>

<Handler Client-Identifier = LNSgroup, Realm =
/(realmX.com|realmY.com|realmZ.com)/>
        AuthByPolicy ContinueAlways
        <AuthBy TEST>
            <blah>
        </AuthBy>
</Handler>

I could of sworn I had done something like this before but when I tried
it I ended up with all requests being rejected for Realms X,Y & Z from
LNS1, not sure if Realms 1,2&3 and the other LNS were as well or not as
I panicked and didnt wait to find out. :P

They authentication didnt match any of the above handlers:

Thu Oct  8 13:43:38 2009: DEBUG: Handling request with Handler ''
Thu Oct  8 13:43:38 2009: INFO: Access rejected for user at realmX.com: No
AuthBy found

Is my config invalid?  Should I have kept one Client identifier and
instead added "NAS-Identifier=LNS1" to the 1st handler?

I dont want to make that mistake again! :P

Thanks.

Jim.