[RADIATOR] best practice method for not handling a realm

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Oct 5 04:29:58 CDT 2009

hi,

what is the best practice method for not handing the
AAA for an authentication/accounting request for a realm?

ie say we have

user at abc.com

do we (very short-hand rather than full config)

<realm abc.com>
authby file /dev/null
</realm>

or

<realm abc.com>
</realm>

or

<realm abc.com>
AccountingHandled
</realm>

...or something else??  the docs dont seem to be too clear on how to
deal with this in a proxy hierarchy - if we dont have a response then
the downstream think we are dead...and will then hit the alernative proxy
and fail on that - causing a failure domino ripple and putting the proxy
out of action for whatever their timeout/alive period is set to.

many thanks

alan